The Lead UX Strategist is an integral part of the SPR UX strategy and design team. The Lead UX Strategist will have a proven track record in user-centered design methodology and techniques; have proven ability to design and inspire cross-functional team members to deliver best in class experiences to SPR clients; and be a UX evangelist that promotes exceptional experience design that exceeds the needs of our customers by creating delightful, innovative and engaging experiences that meet user goals and drive business outcomes.
- Work with Sales during sales pursuit to conceptualize and pitch ideas, and scope and estimate projects.
- For client facing and internal projects:
- Develop overall user experience, interaction design and information architecture for mobile and desktop websites and applications; and document in a manner appropriate for a given project.
- Create and document UX briefs, personas, customer journeys, task flows, site maps, UI specifications & requirements, prototypes, wireframes, and high-fidelity comps.
- Facilitate UX design sessions to identify business, user, and technical requirements to ensure that designs achieve user and business goals.
- Conduct user and competitive research for projects as need.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Development Leads to define and translate business and functional requirements into user-friendly, and technically optimal and feasible designs.
- Design and conduct usability studies to ensure designs are intuitive and easy-to-use.
- Analyze website and application builds to ensure the UI/UX expectations are upheld.
- Develop expert level knowledge of competitive and complementary design strategies to ensure a "best approach" design with every project.
- Define and prioritize design schedules, milestones and deliverables on multiple project initiatives.
- Act as an internal consultant and advocate of UX and visual design.
- Work with the UX team leadership to define user experience standards and advocate for UX best practices within the SPR organization.
- Stay current with UX, visual design, and front-end technologies.
- Creative problem solving-not just solving problems, but developing multiple solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills with fluency in UX, business, and technology, and an ability to present complex ideas in understandable ways.
- Understanding of current front-end web technologies, native interface guidelines, web services, and APIs; and design principles such as responsive design, mobile first design, data-driven design.
- Working knowledge on implementing UX best practices within organization.
- Ability to scope and estimate efforts, prioritize tasks and goals, and rapidly produce deliverables in a fast-paced iterative environment.
- Knowledge of UX ROIs.
- A highly collaborative team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Design (Graphic, Interaction, Visual, and Digital), Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Architecture, Marketing, or related UX field.
- 8+ years of UX strategy and design for web, mobile, and application design
- Strong technical proficiency with UX design tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, Flinto, Zeplin, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban experience.
- Agency and consulting experience a plus
- Portfolio of work is required
- A competitive salary and bonus plan
- A professional, fun, fast-paced environment
- Ongoing training
- A culture that is exciting, entrepreneurial and open minded
- A great support structure that allows you to focus on doing what you do best