The Mid-Level UX-UI Designer is an integral part of the SPR UX strategy and design team and will provide project support to senior team members for internal and client facing project work.
- Support development of overall user experience, interaction design and information architecture for mobile and desktop websites and applications; and document in a manner appropriate for a given project.
- Support creation of UX briefs, personas, customer journeys, task flows, site maps, UI specifications & requirements, prototypes, wireframes, and high-fidelity comps.
- Support UX design sessions to identify business, user, and technical requirements to ensure that designs achieve user and business goals.
- Support user and competitive research for projects as need.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Development Leads to define and translate business and functional requirements into user-friendly, and technically optimal and feasible designs.
- Support usability studies to ensure designs are intuitive and easy-to-use.
- Support create front-end webpages (HTML), stylesheets (CSS), dynamic behavior (jQuery), and integrate with developer environments.
- Support creation and maintain visual assets, style guides, and detailed developer specifications.
- Analyze website and application builds to ensure the UI/UX expectations are upheld.
- Develop expert level knowledge of competitive and complementary design strategies to ensure a "best approach" design with every project.
- Act as an internal consultant and advocate of UX and visual design.
- Advocate for UX best practices within the SPR organization.
- Stay current with UX, visual design, and front-end technologies.
- Creative problem solving-not just solving problems, but developing multiple solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills with understanding of UX, business, and technology, and an ability to present complex ideas in understandable ways.
- Understanding of current front-end web technologies, native interface guidelines, web services, and APIs; and design principles such as responsive design, mobile first design, data-driven design.
- Working knowledge on implementing UX best practices within organization.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and goals, and rapidly produce deliverables in a fast-paced iterative environment.
- A highly collaborative team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Design (Graphic, Interaction, Visual, and Digital), Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Architecture, Marketing, or related UX field.
- 2+ years of web, mobile, and application design, UX, front-end development.
- Proficiency with UX design tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, Flinto, Zeplin, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban experience a plus.
- Agency and or consulting experience a plus.
- Portfolio of work is required.
- A competitive salary and bonus plan
- A professional, fun, fast-paced environment
- Ongoing training
- A culture that is exciting, entrepreneurial and open minded
- A great support structure that allows you to focus on doing what you do best