The Agile Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of projects to SPR clients in Wisconsin.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of project management experience in a technical development or consulting environment.
- Expert knowledge of Agile (XP, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban) and traditional project management principles and practices with an ability to blend them together based on current project requirements.
- One or more related certifications such as Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
- Demonstrable experience successfully leading varied and diverse teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Experience managing client projects in a consulting environment.
No technical requirements, although familiarity with software and/or hardware development lifecycles and environments is a plus. Must be able to pick up technical and business concepts quickly, and understand technical issues at a sufficiently deep level to identify gaps.
- Creating and executing project work plans
- Effectively manage changing client needs and requirements throughout the engagement
- Plan and identify resource needs throughout the project
- Actively works with the team to manage work assignments and deliverables
- Reviewing deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Effectively applying methodology and enforcing project standards as the project requires
- Prepares for engagement reviews and using appropriate quality assurance procedures
- Minimizes SPR's exposure and risk on project
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses to clients on a weekly basis
- Manages project budget
- Approves team members' time reports in a conscientious and timely manner
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Holds regular status meetings with project team
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to PMO
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and sets and manages client expectations
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client loyalty
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
SPR offers a great environment for employees to learn, to build systems that make an impact, and to tackle exciting challenges. With our office's Maker Space, you can explore your IoT side and develop fun projects with 3D printing and CNC machining. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, generous vacation time, big fitness incentives, and medical/dental/vision insurance.