PRACTICE LEAD - MODERN TESTING
WHO IS SPR?
SPR is a digital technology consultancy that develops elegant solutions to transform the way people do business. We’re 300+ strategists, developers, designers, architects, consultants, thinkers, and doers in Chicago and Milwaukee. We work with 160 clients in 10 unique industries – everything from corporate finance and global logistics to local breweries and Chicago startups.
We think about the end users and rigorously apply the latest technologies and frameworks to address our clients’ needs. We enable companies to do more with data, engage with other people, build disruptive solutions, and operate productively. To do this, we hire smart technologists and sharp business leaders who are excellent communicators and have an interest in working on multiple projects across industries.
SPR offers a great environment for employees to learn, to build systems that make an impact, and to tackle exciting challenges. With our office’s “Maker Space”, you can explore your IoT side and develop fun projects with 3D printing and CNC machining. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, generous vacation time, big fitness incentives, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
By joining the SPR team, you’ll be using your brain, working hard and making an impact through your projects – and you’ll be rewarded for it.
WHAT IS THE POSITION?
The Practice Lead, Modern Testing is a versatile, results-driven individual who combines a passion for the craft of software testing with business acumen and a desire to grow an established software testing practice. As a Practice Lead at SPR, this role not only leads the consultants within this practice, but also uses strong business management skills and client relationship building skills to grow the practice while maintaining profitability.
- Work with SPR leaders in shaping the practice’s offerings and capabilities, and establish go-to-market messaging aligned with marketplace needs for software testing
- Help to evolve the capabilities of the practice, which is a blend of manual testing and automated testing using market-leading test automation tools, such as those that are model-based or image-based (scriptless) and do not required coding skills
- Establish the practice’s annual financial goals (revenue, expenses, and profit) and track key dashboard metrics aligned with achieving goals
- Work with SPR’s sales group on sales pursuits, both testing-specific and large project pursuits involving many disciplines within SPR
- Estimate effort associated with testing engagements, and develop statements of work (service contracts) incorporating estimates, pricing, and clear definition of work to be completed
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients to ensure high-quality delivery of testing services and achievement of customer satisfaction
- Develop and foster usage of repeatable testing approaches and processes by consultants within the practice as the SPR Testing Way
- Attract and retain the practice’s talent by working closely with SPR’s recruiting and HR departments to sustain a high competency level within the practice
- Establish training and career development plans for consultants within the practice, fostering career growth and aligning skills with market demand
- Working with managing consultants in the practice, oversee the day-to-day, client-facing activities of consultants carrying out client-facing work
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Science/Technology-based discipline
- 8+ years of experience in the field of software testing
- Working knowledge of both traditional waterfall and Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to work with clients and/or SPR project teams to develop test strategies and test plans for new and ongoing software development efforts
- Experience in test automation using modern marketplace tools (not requiring coding skills)
- Experience in consulting / professional services
- Experience managing other professionals in the field of testing / test automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Responsibility for establishing and delivering to a financial budget
- Experience in preparing proposals and sales acumen
- Ability to assist organizations in transformation to modern testing practices