WHO IS SPR?
SPR is a digital technology consultancy that develops elegant solutions to transform the way people do business. We’re 300+ strategists, developers, designers, architects, consultants, thinkers, and doers in Chicago. We work with 160 clients in 10 unique industries – everything from corporate finance and global logistics to local breweries and Chicago startups.
We think about the end users and rigorously apply the latest technologies and frameworks to address our clients’ needs. We enable companies to do more with data, engage with other people, build disruptive solutions, and operate productively. To do this, we hire smart technologists and sharp business leaders who are excellent communicators and have an interest in working on multiple projects across industries.
SPR offers a great environment for employees to learn, to build systems that make an impact, and to tackle exciting challenges. With our office’s “Maker Space”, you can explore your IoT side and develop fun projects with 3D printing and CNC machining. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, generous vacation time, big fitness incentives, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
By joining the SPR team, you’ll be using your brain, working hard and making an impact through your projects – and you’ll be rewarded for it.
WHAT IS THE POSITION?
The mid-level UX Strategist is an integral part of the SPR UX strategy and design team and will provide project support to senior team members for internal and client facing project work.
- Support development of overall user experience, interaction design and information architecture for mobile and desktop websites and applications; and document in a manner appropriate for a given project.
- Support creation of UX briefs, personas, customer journeys, task flows, site maps, UI specifications & requirements, prototypes, wireframes, and high-fidelity comps.
- Support UX design sessions to identify business, user, and technical requirements to ensure that designs achieve user and business goals.
- Support user and competitive research for projects as need.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Development Leads to define and translate business and functional requirements into user-friendly, and technically optimal and feasible designs.
- Support usability studies to ensure designs are intuitive and easy-to-use.
- Support create front-end webpages (HTML), stylesheets (CSS), dynamic behavior (jQuery), and integrate with developer environments.
- Support creation and maintain visual assets, style guides, and detailed developer specifications.
- Analyze website and application builds to ensure the UI/UX expectations are upheld.
- Develop expert level knowledge of competitive and complementary design strategies to ensure a “best approach” design with every project.
- Act as an internal consultant and advocate of UX and visual design.
- Advocate for UX best practices within the SPR organization.
- Stay current with UX, visual design, and front-end technologies.
- Creative problem solving – not just solving problems, but developing multiple solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration skills with understanding of UX, business, and technology, and an ability to present complex ideas in understandable ways.
- Understanding of current front-end web technologies, native interface guidelines, web services, and APIs; and design principles such as responsive design, mobile first design, data-driven design.
- Working knowledge on implementing UX best practices within organization.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and goals, and rapidly produce deliverables in a fast-paced iterative environment.
- A highly collaborative team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Architecture, Design (Graphic, Interaction, Visual, and Digital), Marketing, or related UX field.
- 2+ years of web, mobile, and application design, UX, front-end development.
- Proficiency with UX design tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, Flinto, Zeplin, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban experience a plus.
- Agency and or consulting experience a plus.
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you would be up for every day, we would love to hear from you.